A Rudis Logistics Manager oversees the entire supply chain purchasing and distribution process. They take and manage the inventory of products stored within the warehouse. Logistics Managers collaborate closely with product suppliers and clients, building strong and long-lasting relationships. They’re constantly working with product carriers as well to determine and negotiate shipping rates and in this current environment, workarounds for materials and timetables. You would have worked with small parcels and have knowledge of working with vendors/factories in Asia.
Logistics Managers typically handle the entire delivery process of products by scheduling both inbound and outbound shipments, constantly monitoring them to make sure each product arrives on time.
To ensure the logistical processes are running smoothly, they meet with our department heads to determine which logistics improvements need to be made to increase productivity levels across the organization. You would have a thorough understanding of what came before you, and have the guts to re-engineer what would improve the overall process for Rudis.
What will you be doing?
- Manages and owns price, transit time, and service on all inbound and outbound freight – foreign and domestic
- Handed off POs from Merchanding/Inventory Manager to monitor production time and factory communication with merchandiser throughout the production
- Quotes shipments with multiple freight forwarders making a recommendation based on price and transit time for foreign bulk product
- Pivots and problems solve with the factory when they miss their target ship dates
- Negotiates domestic small parcel contracts and monitors efficiency and spend
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Who you are.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Understand deadlines and schedules in order to help prioritize product
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Humble, team-oriented and optimistic
- A meticulous approach to work; pays keen attention to detail
- Great listener; enjoys collaborating with other professionals
- Open-minded; takes in criticisms and opinions constructively
- Have excellent written, impersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to easily communicate and collaborate in a team environment
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally in person, via email, and via phone correspondence