The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site, App, or Services.
Information We Collect Directly from You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services.
- To create an account, you must provide your name, email address, phone number, and a password for your account. We also may collect additional information from you for your user profile, including height, weight, gender, and your birthday.
- If you make a purchase through the Services, we will collect information about your purchase and your payment information, such as your credit or debit card information and your billing and shipping address.
- If you subscribe to our mailing list or newsletters, we will collect your name and email address.
- If you contact us or request information from us through the Services, we will collect your name, contact information, and your communications with us.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Site and Apps through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. We also may use tools that allow us to monitor how you navigate the Site, App, and Services, such as how you move your cursor or where you enter text (without seeing the actual text you enter) to help us improve the Site, App, and Services and to identify and diagnose bugs. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
Information We Automatically Collect Through the Site:
- Domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages or products you view or content you access on the Site or Services; links you click on the Site or Services; your device’s IP address;
- the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services;
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
Information We Automatically Collect Through the App:
- Mobile device ID; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version;
- device language settings;
- activities within the App, including content and products you view and playlists you create; and the length of time that you are logged into our App.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
Service Provisioning/Transactional Purposes:
- To provide our Services to you.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services; to fulfill your orders, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to provide access to products and/or content that you have purchased or licensed from us, to provide personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while visiting or using the Services.
Marketing Communications: In accordance with applicable laws, we may use your information:
- To send you marketing communications about our Services and other offerings.
- To send you news, newsletters, and event information.
- To send you marketing communications about products and services of our affiliated entities.
- To send you marketing communications about products and services of other entities that we think may be of interest to you. If you are interested in these entities’ products and services, you may provide your information directly to the appropriate entity.
Advertising and Promotions:
- To assist us in determining relevant advertising content and media (whether on the Services or on nonaffilaited websites and media) and to create lookalike and Custom Audiences for our advertising campaigns.
- To evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- See also the Ad Networks section discussed below for information about online advertising.
- To administer our customer loyalty program.
Sites, Apps, and Services Improvement/Research:
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Services are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information to update or add new features to our Services. We may also use feedback provided by users to update our Services or develop new offerings.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for customer engagement, market research or user satisfaction purposes.
- To create aggregated, anonymized, pseudonymized or de-identified data sets. We may use such data sets for product improvement and development, marketing, advertising, trend analysis and other purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations and act in accordance with legal authorizations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes, including to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements, authenticating your identity, maintaining our records, to monitor your compliance with your agreements with us, to collect debts owed to us, to safeguard our business interests, and to manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an acquisition, disposition or merger, as described below.
- For other purposes we may inform you about from time to time. Where required by applicable laws and regulations, we will obtain your consent if we wish to use your personal information for purposes requiring such consent.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include our hosting provider for the Services, our payment processor(s), and delivery services to fulfill your orders.
- Affiliates. We disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Policy.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, law enforcement request, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, App, and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site, App, and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site, App, and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site, App, and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to or users of our Site, App, and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, App, and Services, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your device’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and application pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Services to, among other things, track the activities of visitors and users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Services usage. We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Ad Network section.
We may disclose certain information (such as your email address) to Facebook Custom Audiences (for more information on Facebook Custom Audience go here or to opt-out, go to the Facebook ad preferences page)—so that we can better target ads and content to you and others with similar interests on other websites or media (“Custom Audiences”). We may also work with other ad networks and marketing platforms that enable us and other participants to target ads to Custom Audiences submitted by us and others. You may also control how Facebook and other ad networks display certain ads to you, as explained further in their respective privacy policies or by using the opt-outs described below.
Users may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members. App users may also download the AppChoices tool to manage interest-based advertising on their mobile device.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Services or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Our Services may contain links to non-affiliated websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Communications?
In accordance with applicable law, we will send periodic promotional communications to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the communication, or if you have opted-in to our promotional text messages, replying STOP. We will process opt-out requests in accordance with applicable law. If you opt-out of receiving promotional communications about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you communications about your account or any services you have requested or received from us. App users may enable or disable push notifications by adjusting their App or device settings.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site and App. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site and App.