We are currently seeking an experienced Fashion/Product/Athletic Photographer to join the RUDIS content team full time position. The ideal candidate will be in touch with fashion trends, the sport of wrestling, the fitness apparel industry, be highly motivated and organized. RUDIS Wrestling is dedicated to continuing to evolve as the Leading Sports footwear / apparel brand in the Wrestling Community. In joining us you will become a part of a fast paced and dedicated team and culture. We give it all to win!
Hours: 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M. (Subject to change)
This position is full-time, in-house located in Marysville, Ohio
This person will be responsible for shooting product both flats and on-figure and ensuring that the garment is captured in the most appealing manner. This person will work closely with the director of photography, stylist, studio producer and other videographers in a fast-paced environment. This position demands that you have a great eye for detail, a vast knowledge of photography and lighting, and an ability to work with cross functional partners to achieve desired results.
- Work closely with Professional Athletes from Collegiate to Olympic status.
- Exude a level of professionalism at all times.
- Attend Pre-production meetings.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a cross functional team
- Create content that covers all usage applications including web, social, tradeshow and other “new media” segments.
- Consults with Director of Photography regarding photography needs, audience goals, project deadlines, budgetary limitations, and image concept to be conveyed.
- Compose, stylize, and stage product shots, based on direction provided standards in setting up lighting, color accuracy, and exposure for each shot, while managing a high volume of images.
- Export, organize, and provide final images into a shared environment.
- Use Adobe Photoshop and CaptureOne to retouch images (Cropping, Exposure, Background Removal, Color-Correction/Conversion, etc) according to company standards.
- Provide additional fashion photographic support for marketing assets.
- Monitor and explore all aesthetic trends relating to online fashion content
- Establish good working relationships with models and supporting crews.
- Maintain a high energy and professional atmosphere in the studio
- Work easily in both strobe and continuous light environments.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Have a flexible schedule; some occasional weekend and off-site photo shoots will be required
- Maintain photo equipment and cleanliness of studio
- Ability to shoot video and edit. Comfortable working with Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Ability to fly drones is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Product photography experience both off and on figure
- A perfectionist eye for detail and color accuracy
- Conduct flat apparel styling as necessary
- Understanding of photography, lighting, photo editing, and compositional skills
- Must have vast experience in digital workflows using Capture One
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop
- Basic retouching/editing skills
- Basic understanding of Mac OS and Mirrorless cameras
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot lighting and camera issues
- Ability to retouch with precision
- Understand deadlines and schedules in order to help prioritize product
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Humble, team-oriented and optimistic
- Creative thinker; frequently pushes imagination beyond the comfort zone
- A meticulous approach to work; pays keen attention to detail
- Great listener; enjoys collaborating with other professionals
- Open-minded; takes in criticisms and opinions constructively
- Have excellent written, impersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to easily communicate and collaborate in a team environment
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally in person, via email, and via phone correspondence
- Ability to meet deadlines, take initiative, work both independently and in collaboration with others
- Must have the ability to multitask and reprioritize workload quickly to meet business needs
- Previous experience in-studio experience and location
- Portfolio or sample of work is required with application